Last updated: June 24, 2020
Captain Planet Foundation
133 Luckie Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
You can visit the Website and view information about Ocean Heroes without creating an account, telling us who you are, or revealing any personal information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you are registering for an event, including the 2020 Ocean Heroes Virtual Bootcamp (“the Virtual Camp”), or submitting an inquiry to Ocean Heroes on the Website.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Personal Information. We collect first and last name, date of birth, age, gender identity, preferred pronoun, physical address, email address, phone number, WhatsApp number, Instagram handle, school name, clothing size, image or likeness, and, if applicable, the name and email address of your parent/guardian.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information. As discussed again below, we collect this information through cookies and similar technologies.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To register you for events. We use the personal information you provided to us to register you for events hosted by Ocean Heroes, including the Virtual Camp.
- To send you materials related to Ocean Heroes’ events. We may use your personal information to send you information and updates pertaining to your registrations for events and/or activities hosted by Ocean Heroes, such as Ocean Hero campaign submissions or Point Reports.
- To support you once you are registered for an Ocean Heroes’ event. We may use your personal information to facilitate, give feedback on, and provide resources for activities as a participant in Ocean Heroes’ events.
- To make period public updates on our Website. We may use your personal information to make periodic public updates on our Website about your work as an Ocean Hero. These updates would only be posted to the Website with your express permission, or parent/guardian’s express permission, and will only include first name, city/country, and generalized information about the activities you have completed as an Ocean Hero.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, we may use the personal information you send us for marketing purposes, including newsletters, updates, volunteer opportunities, etc.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You may also opt-out of receiving these emails by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support. We may use your personal information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To improve our Website. We continually strive to improve our Website based on information and feedback we received from you.
- To comply with legal obligations. We may use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations.
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, and to facilitate participation in Ocean Heroes’ events. We will never share, sell, or otherwise transfer your information to a third party for commercial purposes. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses to help us advance Ocean Heroes and Ocean Heroes’ events.
Information Storage and Safety
Accessing Your Information
Submitting personal information through any form on this Website does not automatically create a user account at this time, meaning you cannot access information you have submitted directly to us through this Website. If you would like at any time to review or update your information or remove your information from our database, please email us at email@example.com.
Collecting Information from Minors
Because our Website and its Services are aimed primarily at youth aged 11 through 18, we strongly encourage parents/guardians to oversee any and all use of the Internet, including this Website, by their child.
When we intend to collect and use personal information from minors, we take the following steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents/guardians about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we share that information;
- Obtaining consent from parents/guardians for the collection of personal information from their children, for the use of personal information from their children, and/or for sending information about our Services directly to their children.
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in our Services; and
- Giving parents/guardians the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be reviewed, updated, or deleted.
We will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (404) 522-4270, or by mail at 133 Luckie Street NW, 2nd Floor, Atlanta, Georgia 30303.